I am thinking of thigh food…umm no sorry Thai Food. Something quick and easy to make which tastes great. So, here’s a recipe for Thai Mango Salad. Be sure to choose a not so ripe mango. A raw mango will give a tangy flavor. With this weather I am thinking tropical…and half naked bodies :D.
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews or peanuts
- 2 mangos (green or just ripe)
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped coriander
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tsp granulated sugar (or to taste, especially if using ripe mangos)
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed (to taste)
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onions
- In a skillet or toaster oven, toast nuts over medium heat until fragrant and golden (about 8 minutes), and then set aside.
- Peel and julienne the mangos. (Tip: use a potato peeler rather than a knife to peel the mango, as there’s less waste of the fruit’s flesh)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coriander, mint, red chilli, lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, and oil. Add mangoes, red pepper, and onion, lightly tossing it in the mixture to coat all ingredients.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with nuts.*
- * If you’re concerned about nut allergies, don’t sprinkle the nuts over the salad when ready to serve, but rather, have them in a separate serving bowl, where individuals can opt to sprinkle it on themselves.
You can make this salad ahead of time. Just cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days just don’t add the nuts. Add those later.